Two approaches to a Plant-Based lifestyle
Slow and steady: Eliminate certain products each week and ADD more plant-based foods
- Delete fast food / junk food from your diet
- Give up dairy
- Give up one animal at a time starting with processed red meat
- Focus on adding, not subtracting
Cold turkey: Jump right in.
- Go through your pantry and fridge and throw out any meat and dairy products.
Be careful to read ingredients on labels. Many boxed foods contain eggs / milk.
- Make a grocery list and go shopping. We've created a quick 7-day meal plan that is perfect for the beginner to use as a guide and to build on.
- The 10% Rule. Don't be hard on yourself if you veer off the plan. It is easy to eat something by mistake in the beginning of your transition. Allow yourself a 10% variance. This will relieve some stress until you master the art of label reading and plant-based meal planning.